- Practice your first dance! Although most of us would like to think we look like Fred Astaire and Ginger Roberts on the dance floor the reality is we'll probably end up doing an awkward shuffle! Never the less, try your moves out first in the privacy of your own home to get a feel for it. You may surprise yourselves and feel more comfortable when the big moment comes!
- Ask your partner what they want to include in the wedding. It sounds obvious but you can get so swept away with the day itself that you forget to include the things that represent you as a couple.
- Make your own decorations! Not only will you save money, you'll appreciate the little details all the more. They'll become a talking point for your family for years to come and will make everyone feel included in the preparations. Why not make the most of Auntie Kath's sewing knowledge or put your sisters legendary cake baking skills to the test?
- Be on time! A lot of brides make the mistake of thinking that it's fashionable to be a little late for your wedding but be warned! This will mess up the rest of timings for the day . Just remember no one wants to wait too long before they get some bubbly and food down them!
- Most of all remember to have FUN!
- Get too hung up on tradition! It's not the end of the world if you don't opt for a white wedding dress, invest in a fruit cake slathered in icing or if you pass out on your wedding night. Do whatever makes you happy and you'll have a much better time for it.
- Don't sweat the small stuff! Not EVERYTHING has to be perfect... you'll spend the whole time worrying that your favours don't match the napkin rings that'll you'll forget to have fun.
- Try and add a fancy, jaw-dropping move to your first dance that neither of you can do. It's an accident waiting to happen.
- Try a radical new look just before the day. Experimenting with your styles is always fun but there is a time and place, and your wedding day certainly isn't one of them!
- Get so drunk that you end up giving a totally inappropriate speech , rip your dress or end up spewing all down the aisle. I suppose it goes without saying really...
- If you enjoyed our handy bridal tips then you'll love our wedding shop section which is simply brimming with beautiful bridesmaid dresses and fashionable wedding accessories. Check it out at: http://www.rockmyvintage.co.uk/trends/wedding-outfits.htm